Sunday, July 26, 2009

To Market, To Market!!!! and water safety week.







The last two weekends have been spent doing my usual market stalls. I have been a stall holder at the Good Buy Baby market at Morayfield and The Baby and Kids Market today, at Nudgee. I am very pleased with the result of selling $150 worth last weekend and $240 at todays market. I am just selling off the kids clothes they have grown out of, unwanted toys, shoes grown out of and dolls clothes. I price everything fairly cheap $5 an outfit or $1 to $3 a piece. The better quality stuff I sell for $10 an outfit or cheaper. I enjoy meeting new people, new babies and chatting with other stallholders. Today I had two lovely ladies next to me that helped hold Nate while I set up and while the market was on. My good friend Jodie booked the stall for me and she did well today too, and her friend Bec was a lifesaver getting me a drink and something to eat halfway through. Thanks Jodie and Bec :)) I managed to score some clothes at the end for Nate from the lovely lady behind me that didn't want to take all her leftovers home LOL;)) I'll upload a photo of my stall. Today I added some girls headbands and hairclips. Inspired by my friend Suzanne, I purchased a yo-yo maker for $9.95 and a six pack of headbands that came with 4 pairs of clips aswell for $2.00. I played last night and used the buttons, material and flowers from Mum for scrapbooking that I got for christmas and this was the result. I was very pleased with how they turned out and might purchase the bigger yo-yo maker as well. The little one is perfect for the clips. I'm not sure what price to put on them????? what do you guys think?? price for headband?? price for pair of clips?? comments appreciated.


My imported dolls clothes from America continue to be very popular and i sold two outfits and 4 pairs of shoes today (and only had a handful of things on display). My next market is in September at Eatons hill (half stall for preloved clothes, half stall of doll clothes). My next challenge is to make a sling like mine before this market.........................I've had quite a few requests for one and I'm hoping to figure it out this week. I'll let u know how I go. Today was also Nate's first time in the walker. He loves sitting up and playing so LOVES the walker and the kids love pushing him around, and he loves watching them play. He still has tummy time and playtime in the jungle tent everyday but cooking dinner is a little easier with him happy in the walker. He's still not keen on the jolly jumper. Nate started the all important swimming lessons last week too. He is the first of my 3 kids not to scream all lesson. He enjoyed it actually :)) Kade and Nic had water safety week last week, so had to do their swimming lesson in their pyjamas. Their teacher suggested getting them to swim at the beginning of each summer with some clothes on. Great idea because the kids realised on Tuesday how much harder it is to swim fully clothed. Enjoy the pics!!!! and comments on prices for headbands and clips appreciated!! Thanks;)

No comments: